Vision Healthcare Services Companion Services understands the difficulties that a family faces when a loved one’s medical condition affects their safety and independence. We also understand that each individual’s needs are different. That’s why we offer companion services. Our companions provide the necessary assistance needed at home to maintain a safe and independent lifestyle. Vision’s non-medical companions provide services to seniors, new and expectant parents, and other individuals who need extra assistance; helping them feel comfortable and allowing them to remain independent in their home.
Vision’s Companion Care Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Helping start and end the day (getting out of and into bed, dressing)
- Reminder services (medications, dates, routines, etc.)
- Assisting with mobility
- Preparing meals and feeding
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Performing light housekeeping
- Running errands (prescription pick-up, dry cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.)
- Organizing and reading mail
- Escorting to appointments (doctor appointments and social engagements)
- Assisting with pet care
- Entertaining (games, crafts, reading, etc.)
- Home safety evaluation
In-home care providers are available on an as-needed basis, with no minimum time constraints. They strive to ensure your loved one receives the attention and care they need, and that your family receives peace of mind in knowing someone is watching over your loved one.
Vision Healthcare Services Companion Services will assign qualified companions for you or your loved one. We will compare your preferences to our caregivers’ qualifications to strive for a compatible match. Vision Healthcare Services caregivers undergo interviewing, testing, and screening prior to employment.